Indulge in a unique fusion of flavors with this Spicy Chilli Ice Cream Delight recipe. This intriguing dessert combines the cool sweetness of vanilla ice cream with the bold kick of fresh green chillies. The preparation involves chopping and infusing the chillies with honey, lemon juice, and a touch of salt to create a spicy mixture. Soften vanilla ice cream, gently fold in the spiced mixture, and re-freeze until perfectly combined. When served, the resulting creation offers a harmonious dance between the creamy ice cream and the gradual heat of the chillies. Top with chopped nuts or grated chocolate for added texture and enjoy a memorable dessert experience that balances sweet, tangy, and spicy elements in every delightful spoonful.
Green Chillis Ice Cream
Table of Contents
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream store-bought or homemade
- 2-3 fresh green chillies adjust according to spice preference
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- Prepare the Chillies:
- Wash the green chillies and remove their stems.
- Slit the chillies lengthwise and remove the seeds if you want a milder spice level.
- Finely chop the chillies into very small pieces.
- Spice Infusion:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the chopped green chillies, honey (or agave syrup), lemon juice, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. This allows the flavors to meld and the spiciness to infuse into the sweet and tangy mixture.
- Prepare the Ice Cream:
- Take the vanilla ice cream out of the freezer and let it soften for a few minutes until it's easier to work with. It should still be firm but slightly softened.
- Once the ice cream is softened, gently fold in the prepared spicy mixture. Be careful not to overmix, as you want to create a marbled effect with streaks of spice running through the ice cream.
- Transfer the spiced ice cream mixture back into its original container or a serving dish.
- Smooth the top with a spatula and cover with plastic wrap or an airtight lid to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Place the ice cream back in the freezer and allow it to re-freeze for at least 2-3 hours or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Once the spiced ice cream is fully frozen, scoop it into serving bowls or cones.
- If desired, sprinkle chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios) or grated chocolate over the top for added texture and flavor.
- Serve your Spicy Chilli Ice Cream Delight immediately and savor the unique combination of sweet, creamy, and spicy flavors.
- The heat from the green chillies will gradually kick in, creating a tantalizing contrast with the coolness of the ice cream.