Table of Contents
- 1 cup Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Crushed KitKat bars about 2-3 bars
- 2 tablespoons Ghee Clarified Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- Crushed Nuts for garnishing optional
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-low heat and add the ghee to it.
- Once the ghee melts, add the milk powder and roast it on low heat for about 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring continuously to prevent burning.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and milk to the pan. Mix well to combine the ingredients.
- Cook this mixture on medium-low heat while stirring continuously. The mixture will start to thicken.
- As the mixture thickens, add the crushed KitKat bars. Keep stirring to evenly distribute the KitKat pieces.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan and forms a thick dough-like consistency. This might take about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix it into the mixture.
- Once the mixture is thick and no longer sticks to the pan, turn off the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool down slightly so that it can be handled.
- Grease your palms with a little ghee and take small portions of the mixture to shape into peda (round flattened discs). You can also press some crushed nuts on top of each peda for garnishing.
- Let the pedas cool down completely and set for about an hour.
- Your KitKat Peda is now ready to be enjoyed! Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Remember that cooking times and consistencies might vary, so keep an eye on the mixture as you're making it. Enjoy your delicious homemade KitKat Pedas!