Khaman Dhokla is a spongy and juicy dish from Gujrat. It is very popular all over India and is preferred for breakfast or snacks. It is served with Imli / tamarind chutney having a sweet and a little spicy taste.
Table of Contents
- Double Boiler
- 1 cup Gram Flour Sieved 2 times
- ¾ cup Water
- ¼ cup Water
- 4 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Citric Acid / Nimbu Satva
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 number Green Chilli
- 10 number Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 cup Water
- 3 tsp Sugar Optional
- ½ tsp Salt
- Take a mould and grease with oil. Fill a double boiler with water and boil water.
- Take a bowl, add water, sugar, salt, turmeric powder, citric acid and oil. Mix throughly.¾ cup Water, 4 tsp Sugar, 1 tsp Salt, ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder, ½ tsp Citric Acid / Nimbu Satva, 1 tbsp Oil
- add gram flour, mix and add water as required to get consistency as shown in the video. 2 tbsp water was left over for the batter I made. Dhokla batter is ready.1 cup Gram Flour, ¼ cup Water
- add baking soda, mix thoroughly and transfer to the greased pan. Put the pan inside the double boiler and steam for 15 minutes on high flame.¼ tsp Baking Soda
- Lower the flame and check if the batter is cooked from inside. Remove the mould and let it cool for few minutes.
- With the help of a knife seperate the dhokla from the mould. Put a plate on it, rotate and tap, the cooked dhokla comes out easily on the plate.
- Take a pan, add oil, heat and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilli and curry leaves. Fry for a few seconds.½ tsp Mustard Seeds, 1 tsp Cumin Seeds, 2 number Green Chilli, 10 number Curry leaves
- add sesame seeds, mix and add water immediately. Add sugar and salt. Heat until boil. Turn off the flame and let it cool down.1 tsp Sesame Seeds, 1 cup Water, 3 tsp Sugar, ½ tsp Salt
- Cut the dhokla into pieces and pour the Boiled mixture on it. Khaman Dhokla is ready.