Amla Candy can be made at home with simple methods as shown in my recipe. No need to boil. It’s a simple process that can be applied and one can easily take out the pieces of Amla and separate the seed.
Amla is very healthy and has many benefits for Hair or Skin. Making a candy of Amla and storing it is the best process for enjoying it after the season as well. Kids also love this Amla candy very much which keeps them healthy and energetic.
- Amla is also known as Indian Gooseberry and is rich in Vitamin C.
- It is also considered the best medicine for digestion.
- It also improves overall health, Hair, and Eyes.
- Helps in increasing the immunity of the body.
Few people like them to eat as it is with a little bit of salt, it tastes very nice and after a few moments, a sweetness is formed in the mouth which is very refreshing. One needs to try this too.
If you don’t like to eat raw then candies are best. It can be stored for a long time and enjoyed after meals.
Two to three Candies after meals are good for digestion. Kids also love eating these candies being the best and easy way to give good health for kids instead of other chocolate candies.
Here I have shown one of the best methods to make these candies without boiling. This will retain most of the qualities and you can have maximum benefits.
Each step is explained so that you can make Amla candies easily.
One of the best benefits of making this at home is you can adjust the sugar and salt quantity for your liking taste.
- Aluminum Foil
- Use and Throw Plates
- 1½ Kg Amla
- 2 Kg Sugar
- 1½ Cup Powder Sugar
- 1 tbsp Black Salt
- Wash Amla thoroughly and dry it thoroughly. Keep them in a box, and deep freeze for two days.1½ Kg Amla
- After 2 days take out the box from the deep freezer and let them get to normal temperature. Remove the pieces of amla easily using hands and seperate the seeds.
- Add sugar in amla, mix it and let it soak for 3 days.2 Kg Sugar
- Day 1: Sugar turns completely into liquid and Amla starts absorbing sugar. Mix it gently 2-3 times and cover it.
- Day 2: Again Mix it gently 2-3 times and cover it. Amla now tastes juicy.
- Day 3: With the help of a strainer seperate all the liquid. It would take around 20-30 Minutes.
- Take a steel plate and cover it with Aluminium Foil so that Amla shouldn’t leave marks on it. Or another way is to use - use and throw plates.
- Spread the Amla on the plate and dry under the sun for 2-3 days or as required. It may take more time if sunlight is low.
- After amla gets dried, transfer to a bowl and add powder sugar, and black salt. Mix thoroughly so that each piece gets the coating. Amla Candy is ready.1½ Cup Powder Sugar, 1 tbsp Black Salt
Leftover syrup can be used for making Amla Juice.