Rajma masala is a delicious Punjabi recipe that is very famous in the northern part of India. Rajma in English is known as kidney beans, these are soaked for few hours so that they become soft and then mixed with gravy and masalas for a yummy taste.
While Rajma is popularly served with rice, I tried with Phulka. And that was a good combination, apply a little ghee on Phulka and eat with rajma, that’s mouthwatering.
- Pressure Cooker
- Mixer Grinder
- Measuring Spoons
- 250 grams Rajma
- 1 number Star Anise
- 2 inch Cinnamon
- 5 number Black Pepper
- 2 number Big cardamom
- 5 number Clove
- 2 number Bay leaf
- 2 number Tomato Chopped
- 2 number Onion Chopped
- 1 inch Ginger
- 15 number Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 50 grams Butter
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Chole Masala Powder
- 1½ tsp Corriander powder
- 1 tsp Salt As per taste
- ½ tsp Kasuri Methi
- ½ cup Corriander Leaves Chopped
- Take a bowl and soak Rajma in water for 5-6 hours.250 grams Rajma
- Transfer the soaked Rajma to a pressure cooker. Add water only till the level of Rajma. add Star Anise, Cinnamon, Black pepper, Big Cardamom, Clove, Bay leaf. Close the lid and pressure cook for 1 whistle on high flame and 6 whistles on low flame.1 number Star Anise, 2 inch Cinnamon, 5 number Black Pepper, 2 number Big cardamom, 5 number Clove, 2 number Bay leaf
- Take ginger and curry leaves in a mixer grinder. Grind it to a paste.1 inch Ginger, 15 number Curry leaves
- Take a Pan, add oil and butter and heat till the butter melts. Add cumin seeds, ginger and curry leave paste and onion. Roast till the colour of the onion turns light pink.2 tbsp Oil, 50 grams Butter, 1 tsp Cumin Seeds, 2 number Onion
- add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, Chole masala Powder, Corriander Powder and salt. Stir for a minute on a low flame.1 tsp Red Chilli Powder, ½ tsp Turmeric Powder, 1 tsp Chole Masala Powder, 1½ tsp Corriander powder, 1 tsp Salt
- add tomatoes, stir and heat on a medium to high flame until the oil gets separated.2 number Tomato
- add pressure cooked Rajma with all the masalas added to it. Mix thoroughly and press Rajma with a spatula so that the water gets a gravy texture.
- Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes stirring in between so that nothing sticks at the bottom of the pan.
- add Kasuri Methi and Corriander leaves. Turn off the flame and mix them in the curry. Rajma Masala is ready.½ tsp Kasuri Methi, ½ cup Corriander Leaves
One thought on “Rajma Masala”
Everytime you cook. It’s delicious.