Bottle Gourd Chutney
Bottle gourd is also known as Lauki is beneficial in cooling our body, weight loss etc... One of the good recipes is its Chutney.
- ½ Cup Sesame Seeds
- 1½ tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 kg Bottle Gourd Chopped to Medium size pieces
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Pieces Green Chilli
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 7-8 Pieces Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Split Black Gram
- 1 tsp Split Green Gram
- Take a pan and Half Roast Sesame seeds on a medium flame.
- Add cumin seeds and roast for 2 minutes.
- Transfer them to mixer and let it cool.
- Take a pan and heat oil.
- Add bottle gourd pieces and mix on a medium flame until the water starts coming out from bottle gourd.
- Remove from the flame and keep it aside.
- Grind roasted sesame seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add Bottle gourd pieces, Green Chilli, Lemon Juice, Salt and Turmeric.
- Grind it to a soft paste using the mixer.
- In the Pan add oil and heat it.
- Add Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Curry leaves, Split Black Gram, Split green gram and roast on medium flame until the brown colour appears.
- Switch off the flame
- Add the soft bottle gourd paste into the boiling oil and mix it using a spoon.
- Bottle gourd chutney is ready
Bottle gourd chutney is very much liked to be eaten with hot steamed rice.
One thought on “Lauki / Bottle Gourd ki Chutney”
Best way to consume Lauki is by making lauki ki chutney. yummy and is good with Rice or roti.