Making Jalebi at home in the same style as they sell on the streets. Crispy, Crunchy and Juicy. There is no big technique here, it is quite simple and needs a few tips and tricks which should be followed to make the best instant jalebi’s easily at home.
This sweet is famous in India as well as other countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, etc… There are different names at different places like jilapi, jilebi, zulbia, mushabak, jilipi, etc… One of the best things is, it can be served warm or cold. Another sweet Rabdi if goes on it, then this becomes a super-rich, Sweet.
Table of Contents
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Hand Blender
- Polythene for Pouring the Batter in Oil (You can use a Milk polythene cover as well if you do not have a proper product as shown)
- Flat Pan
- 1 Cup Maida/All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Curd
- ⅛ tsp Citric Acid / Nimbu Satva
- Water As needed to make a thin soft batter
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1½ Cup Sugar
- 1½ Cup Water
- 4 Pieces Cardamom
- ⅛ tsp Red Food Color
Frying the Batter for Jalebi's
- Oil For Frying
- Take a Mixing bowl and add Maida, Ghee, Curd and Citric Acid1 Cup Maida/All purpose flour, 1 tbsp Ghee, 2 tbsp Curd, ⅛ tsp Citric Acid / Nimbu Satva
- Mix it with a Hand Blender.
- Add water and mix it with a blender to form a smooth batter. It may take upto 5 minutes.Water
- Add Rice Flour and mix it thoroughly and observe it is a smooth batter. Keep it for 15 Mins aside for resting. (Make Sugar Syrup during this time)1 tbsp Rice Flour
- Add baking soda and blend it for 2 mins. The batter is ready to fry.¼ tsp Baking Soda
- Take a pan and add Sugar and Water1½ Cup Sugar, 1½ Cup Water
- Mix it on a low flame and add Cardamom. Mix it until it gets to a boil.4 Pieces Cardamom
- Test if the Sugar Syrup is Perfect as shown in the video at 3:01
- When it is perfect, turn off the flame and add Food Color. Mix it well.⅛ tsp Red Food Color
Frying and Making Jalebis
- Take a Glass and set the Polythene as shown in the video to pour the batter in it.
- Pour the batter into the Polythene and using a scissor make a small hole in the front for pouring the Batter.
- Take a Flat Pan, add oil to heat for frying.Oil
- Check with a drop of batter if the oil is heated.
- Now start pouring Batter with the help of a Polythene bag to give round shapes as shown in the video. It is important to follow the same pouring pattern so that Jalebis get in perfect shape.
- Fry them on both sides until it gets a pinkish colour.
- Remove from oil using a tong and add them to Sugar Syrup
- Let it absorb the syrup for 1-2 Mins as per your requirement and collect in a bowl.
- Follow the same procedure for the remaining batter and make Jalebi's
- Garnish with Some Pistachios and Serve them.