Mawa modak and Pan modak recipe for this Ganesh Chaturthi can add new colours to the Prasad. These delicious sweets can be made easily by following the simple steps I have explained in the recipe below.
Mawa Modak and Pan Modak
Two flavours of Modak for a colourful and delicious sweet prasadam.
- Flat Pan
- Modak Mould
- Mixer Grinder
- Measuring Spoons
- 250 grms Mawa / Khoya
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2-3 tbsp Powder Sugar
- ¼ tsp Ghee
- 5 Pieces Betel leaves
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 3 tbsp Gulkand
- 5 tbsp Milk
- 1 Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 100 Grams Mawa / Khoya
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 3 tbsp Tutti Fruity
- Take a pan and add Mawa for roasting. Roast it for 10-12 Minutes till it becomes soft. Keep stirring so that it gets heated consistently.250 grms Mawa / Khoya
- Add Cardamom Powder and mix it thoroughly till it cools down a little bit.1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Add Powder Sugar and Mix it thoroughly. Spread the dough so that it cools down quickly.2-3 tbsp Powder Sugar
- Take modak mould and spread a small amount of ghee inside the surface so that modak leaves the surface easily and the shape is perfectly formed.¼ tsp Ghee
- Close the clip of Mould and insert the dough in small pieces so that it is fully filled inside. Now remove the clip and the mawa modak comes out easily.
- Repeat with the leftover Dough and Mawa Modak is ready
- Take Beetel leaves, wash and cut into small pieces using scissors leaving the ends in a mixer grinder.5 Pieces Betel leaves
- Add Fennel Seeds and Gulkand. Grind it. Add milk if needed so that mixer can easily grind it. The Pan flavour mixture is ready2 tbsp Fennel Seeds, 3 tbsp Gulkand, 5 tbsp Milk
- Take a Pan, Add Milk and Sugar. Mix it and let it boil for 2-3 Minutes1 Cup Milk, ¼ Cup Sugar
- Add Desiccated Coconut and mix it on a medium flame.1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- Add the Pan Flavour Mixture and mix it thoroughly for 2 Minutes.
- Add Mawa and Ghee. Mix them on medium flame until it gets a consistency to form modak shape. turn off the flame, Add Tutti Fruity and mix it.100 Grams Mawa / Khoya, 1 tbsp Ghee, 3 tbsp Tutti Fruity
- Take the mould and grease it with ghee, lock the mould with a pin and fill it with Dough. Remove the pin and the modak comes out easily.¼ tsp Ghee
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough and Pan Modak is ready.
These modaks can be stored for 3-4 Days. Pan Modak can be stored in the refrigerator before serving. The coolness increases its taste.
One thought on “Mawa modak and Pan Modak”
These are new to me. Definitely will try.