Mango Suji Halwa is a sweet recipe made using seasonal fruit mango and suji or wheat semolina. Making it is an easy and quick recipe for breakfast or snacks. Also can be a side dish in a meal.
Mango Suji Halwa
Mango Suji Halwa is also known as Mango Sheera is sweet that is easy and quick to make.
- Measuring Cups
- 2 cup Water
- ¼ cup Ghee
- 25 number Almonds
- 30 number Raisins
- 1 cup Semolina
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 cup Mango Pulp
- ½ cup Sugar as required
- Take a pan, add water and boil it thoroughly. Transfer to a bowl.2 cup Water
- add Ghee, heat it. Add almonds and fry for a few minutes so that it becomes crunchy. Remove almonds in a bowl and fry raisins, remove in a bowl.¼ cup Ghee, 25 number Almonds, 30 number Raisins
- add Semolina Suji and roast it until the colour become pinkish. Add small quantities of heated water and keep roasting. I have used 1½ cup water.1 cup Semolina
- add cardamom powder and mango pulp. mix thoroughly. Add sugar and mix.1 tsp Cardamom Powder, 2 cup Mango, ½ cup Sugar
- Close with lid and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame. Stir in between so that nothing sticks to the surface of the pan.
- add fried almonds and raisins, mix them. Turn off the flame and close with the lid for 10 minutes. Open the lid and mix once. Mango Sheera is ready.
Mango Suji Halwa can be given a shape easily, as shown in the video a bowl shape can be given and garnished with a few pistachios.Can be served hot as well as cold.