Amrakhand is also known as Mango Shrikhand. It is a seasonal sweet which is made during the time of Summer. It is a delicious and tasty recipe that can be made easily.
Amarakhand is a sweet recipe that has a flavour of seasonal fruit mango in regular shrikhand.
- Clean Cloth
- 1 liter Milk
- 2 tsp Curd / Yogurt
- 1 number Mango Medium Size
- 1 cup Powder Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 20 pieces Mango
- 5 number Almond Chopped into small pieces
- Take a boiler, add milk and boil on high flame. Lower the flame and let it boil more for 2-3 minutes. keep stirring at regular intervals.1 liter Milk
- Turn off and remove the boiler from the flame. Keep stirring and let it cool. transfer to a bowl and check the temperature with a finger. The temperature should be just a little above room temperature which is good to make curd.
- add curd and close the lid for a few hours so that curd is formed from the milk. The time may differ on the room temperature around the location. for me, it took 5 hours.2 tsp Curd / Yogurt
- Take a clean cloth, place it on the sieve in the bowl. Transfer the curd on the cloth, close with the same cloth and leave it for 5-6 hours.
- Transfer the curd in the cloth to a bowl. Whisk it for a few minutes. add Mango Pulp and mix it thoroughly.1 number Mango
- add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix them thoroughly. add more sugar if required depending on the curd and mango taste.1 cup Powder Sugar, 1 tsp Cardamom Powder, 20 pieces Mango, 5 number Almond
- add mango pieces and almonds. Mix them. Refrigirate for 2-3 hours. Serve chilled garnishing with Mango and Almond Pieces. Amrakhand is ready.
Refrigerating and serving gives a better taste.Amarakhand can be stored in a refrigerator for 2-3 days.