Gulab Jamun is a favourite sweet of many. The sweetness it has is so tasty that one can never stop asking one more.
- 250 grams Mawa / Khoya
- 50 grams Paneer
- 100 grams Maida
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 500 grams Sugar
- 2 glass Water
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- Oil or Ghee for frying
- Take an empty bowl. Add Mawa / Khoya, Paneer, Maida, Baking soda and mix them thoroughly to form a dough.
- Take a plate and mash dough for 8-10 minutes as shown in the video, so that gulab jamun becomes soft and observe a good amount of sugar syrup.
- Cover it with a bowl and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a heating pan. Add Sugar and water for boiling.
- Add Cardamom powder, mix. Let it boil until the sugar syrup becomes soft sticky.
- Remove from the flame and keep it aside. Sugar Syrup for Gulab Jamun is ready.
- Mash the dough again for a minute.
- Take a small amount of dough and give it a lemon size spherical shape. Do the same to remaining dough.
- Take an empty pan, add ghee or oil for frying the dough balls. Heat oil on a medium flame. Don't heat until it boils.
- Add a few of the dough balls and fry them until the colour turns to brown.
- Do the same with all the dough balls.
- Add all the Gulab Jamuns in Sugar syrup and keep them soaked for 5-6 hours so that sugar syrup goes inside them.
- Gulab Jamun is ready to serve now.
If anyone likes to eat hot Gulab Jamun, it can be heated with syrup and serve. Hot Gulab Jamun goes well with Puri's, Roti's as well as Vanilla Ice cream.