Curd Rice is very famous in south India and most people in south India end their meals with curd rice. It also has many health benefits and is good for digestion. Here I made curd rice that is exactly similar to what restaurants serve.
Having pomegranates in curd rice gives a very nice taste of sweetness while eating.
Curd Rice with Pomegranate
- 4 cup Cooked Rice
- 3 cup Curd / Yogurt Fresh
- ½ cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Pomegranate
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Chickpea
- 1 tbsp Black Split Gram
- 2 Pieces Green Chilli As per taste
- 8 Pieces Curry Leaves
- 2 Pieces Red Chilli As per taste
- Take a Bowl, add rice and curd in small quantities while mixing slowly and water.4 cup Cooked Rice, 3 cup Curd / Yogurt, ½ cup Water
- Add Salt and Pomegranate. mix it using a spatula.1 tsp Salt, ½ cup Pomegranate
- Take a pan, add oil and heat. Add Mustard seeds, cumin seeds and Chickpea. Roast for few seconds then add Black split gram, green chilli, curry leaves and Red Chilli. Mix and Roast for few seconds.1 tbsp Oil, ½ tsp Mustard Seeds, 1 tsp Cumin Seeds, 1 tbsp Chickpea, 1 tbsp Black Split Gram, 2 Pieces Green Chilli, 8 Pieces Curry Leaves, 2 Pieces Red Chilli
- Transfer the roasted mixture to the bowl and mix it. The lentils are crunchy and yummy to eat. Restaurant Style South Indian Curd rice is ready.