Fried Modak with Dry fruits filling is another variety that can be served as a prasad during Ganesh Festivals. They are very crunchy from the outside and soft from the inside. The filling is done by varieties of sweet mixtures, here we will be making dry fruit sweet mixture filling which adds richness and making the modaks very yummy to eat.
Fried Modak with Dry fruit filling
Table of Contents
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Frying Pan
- 2 cup Maida/All purpose flour sieved
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- ¼ cup Almonds Grated
- ¼ cup Cashew Grated
- ¼ cup Melon Seeds
- ¼ cup Raisins
- 1 cup Dry Coconut Grated
- 1 cup Powder Jaggery
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3 cup Oil vary quantity as per need for frying
- Take a Bowl, add maida, salt mix it. Add ghee and mix thoroughly.2 cup Maida/All purpose flour, 1 pinch Salt, 3 tbsp Ghee
- Add small quantities of water while mixing to form a dough. keep it for rest while making other things below.
- Take a pan, add ghee to heat on a low flame.2 tbsp Ghee
- Now add Almonds, Cashews, Melon Seeds and Raisins. Roast them for 5 mins stirring them so that they become crunchy.¼ cup Almonds, ¼ cup Cashew, ¼ cup Melon Seeds, ¼ cup Raisins
- add dry coconut. Roast for 2-3 Mins. Turn off the flame to add powder jaggery and cardamom powder, mix thoroughly. The filling is ready.1 cup Dry Coconut, 1 cup Powder Jaggery, 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Take the dough and mix it a little bit. Make small pieces of dough that can be rolled to make a small circle shape.
- Roll the small pieces of dough evenly to form a circle shape. Take the circle shape, on one hand, add one spoon of dry fruit mixture at the centre.
- Now with the help of fingers make small pinches at the ends and close the filling with the ends to give a shape of modak. Repeat with the left dough to make all the pieces.
- Take a pan, heat oil to the optimal temperature for frying. Add modaks to heated oil and fry on low flame on all sides one by one.
- Remove the modaks on a plate and the Fried Modaks are ready.