Milk besan modak is a healthy and tasty sweet that can be made on Ganesh Chaturthi for prasad. The filling is done with dry fruits which gives an amazing combination. Nutty with the smoothness of Sweet.
Milk Besan Modak
- Measuring Cups
- Modak Mould
- ½ Cup Ghee
- 1½ Cup Besan Sieve so that no lumps are formed
- 1 Cup Milk Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Cashew Crushed
- 2 tbsp Almonds Crushed
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 3 drops Orange Emulsion Optional
- Take a pan, on low flame, Add Ghee, Besan. Mix and roast till the colour of the besan becomes brown. It takes around 5-7 mins.½ Cup Ghee, 1½ Cup Besan
- Turn off the flame and stir it for a couple of minutes.
- Add Milk powder and mix it thoroughly. Note that adding milk powder in Besan while at high temperature may form lumps, so cool a little bit.1 Cup Milk Powder
- Take a boiler, add sugar and water. Stir continuously on a medium flame to form sugar syrup.1 Cup Sugar, 3 tbsp Water
- Turn off the flame and transfer the sugar syrup to the pan. Mix it thoroughly.
- Take a bowl to add Cashew, Almonds, Raisins, Orange Emulsion and ½ cup Milk Besan Mixture2 tbsp Cashew, 2 tbsp Almonds, 2 tbsp Raisins, 3 drops Orange Emulsion
- Mix them thoroughly so that it gets a consistency to form any shape. Make small balls out of the mixture and keep it aside.
- Take the modak mould and grease it with Ghee. Fill a small quantity of milk besan mixture and then add to modak mould. Add the ball shaped dry fruit mixture and cover the space with milk besan again.
- Remove the mould slowly. Milk besan modak is ready.