Moong dal laddu is a sweet made from moong which is powdered and mixed with sugar and dry fruits. The sweet is soft to eat and has a good amount of proteins. Mostly made during festivals or for snacks and tiffin purposes.
Jump to a step directly in the video.
0:02 – Intro
0:33 – Washing Moongdal
1:06 – Roasting
2:21 – Grinding to a fine powder
2:32 – Roasting with ghee
3:47 – Adding Sugar and mixing
4:28 – Dry fruits Mixing
4:54 – Shaping Laddu
Buy Kitchen Products: https://amzn.to/3BePMkQ
Moong Dal Laddu
- Mixer Grinder
- Measuring Cups
- 200 grams Moong Dal
- 80 grams Ghee
- 80 grams Powder Sugar
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Almonds Chopped
- 2 tbsp Pistachio Chopped
- Take a bowl and wash moong dal 2-3 times with water. Immediately transfer to a pan and roast on medium to high flame for 3-4 mins.200 grams Moong Dal
- Lower the flame and roast until the color of the moong dal turns pinkish. Turn off the flame and let it cool down in the same pan. The moong dal is crunchy.
- Transfer to a mixer grinder and grind to a fine powder and transfer to a Pan. add ½ cup ghee and start mixing on a low flame. It took around 5 minutes to get the thickness in mixture.80 grams Ghee
- Remove the pan from the flame and let it cool down a little, keep stirring for 5 minutes. add sugar and cardamom powder, mix it using spatula until it gets cool to the temperature when able to mix with hand.80 grams Powder Sugar, ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- Mix with hand thoroughly. add Almonds and Pistachio which are optional and you can add any other dry fruits as per your choice. Mix them.2 tbsp Almonds, 2 tbsp Pistachio
- Try giving them spherical shape, if its not forming, add some ghee. Give shapes to the remaining mixture. Moong Dal Laddu is ready.