Moong Dal Namkeen is a crispy and popular tea-time snack that is very easy to cook. It is also a quick recipe for instant snacks at any time. Moong Dal is fried and salt is mixed in it to make it namkeen.
Moong Dal Namkeen
Table of Contents
- Steel Sieve
- 500 grams Moong Dal
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- 1 tsp Salt as required
- Take a bowl, add moong dal and wash it thoroughly. Soak in water for 2 hours. Remove Extra water and dry it. I kept on a cloth under the fan for 30 minutes.500 grams Moong Dal
- Take a pan and heat oil in it for frying. Test if the oil is heated to the required temperature by adding 2-3 moong dal. They will come up immediately.
- Put a steel sieve in the oil and add approximately one cup of moong dal or as per the size of the sieve. Stir with a spatula and let it fry until the bubbles which are coming get stopped.
- Transfer the fried moong dal to a container with tissue paper so that it absorbs extra oil. Repeat the process for frying the remaining quantity. Always fry on high flame.
- Now add black salt, mix thoroughly, add salt as per taste and mix thoroughly by tossing moong dal. Moong Dal Namkeen is ready.½ tsp Black Salt, 1 tsp Salt