Moong Dal Namkeen is a crispy and popular tea-time snack that is very easy to cook. It is also a quick recipe for instant snacks at any time. Moong Dal is fried and salt is mixed in it to make it namkeen.
Moong Dal Namkeen
Moong Dal Namkeen is an easy and quick recipe where moong dal is fried and salt is mixed in it.
- Steel Sieve
- 500 grams Moong Dal
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- 1 tsp Salt as required
- Take a bowl, add moong dal and wash it thoroughly. Soak in water for 2 hours. Remove Extra water and dry it. I kept on a cloth under the fan for 30 minutes.500 grams Moong Dal
- Take a pan and heat oil in it for frying. Test if the oil is heated to the required temperature by adding 2-3 moong dal. They will come up immediately.
- Put a steel sieve in the oil and add approximately one cup of moong dal or as per the size of the sieve. Stir with a spatula and let it fry until the bubbles which are coming get stopped.
- Transfer the fried moong dal to a container with tissue paper so that it absorbs extra oil. Repeat the process for frying the remaining quantity. Always fry on high flame.
- Now add black salt, mix thoroughly, add salt as per taste and mix thoroughly by tossing moong dal. Moong Dal Namkeen is ready.½ tsp Black Salt, 1 tsp Salt
Moong Dal Namkeen can be stored in an air-tight container for a month.