Namkeen layered mathri is a tricky recipe that is made using wheat flour and it has plenty of layers. It is very crispy and gets into pieces just in the hands. It is served as snacks and is also used for making delicious chats.
Namkeen Layered Mathri
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Jhara Spatula
- 2 cup Wheat Flour
- 100 grams Butter Salted
- 1 tsp Carrom Seeds
- ½ tsp Nigella Seeds
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp Ghee Melted
- Take a bowl, add wheat flour, Butter, carrom seeds, Nigella Seeds and Salt. Mix them thoroughly.2 cup Wheat Flour, 100 grams Butter, 1 tsp Carrom Seeds, ½ tsp Nigella Seeds, ½ tsp Salt
- add small quantities of water and mix to form a hard dough. It took around 10 mins. Now close the lid and keep it for 15 mins for rest.
- Take a bowl, add rice flour and ghee. Mix thoroughly. Keep it aside. Cream / Sata is ready.3 tbsp Rice Flour, 2 tbsp Ghee
- Mix the dough again for a minute and divide them into four pieces. Give them a spherical shape.
- Take one piece and give a circle shape with the help of a rolling pin and stand. Repeat the same for the second piece, and apply the cream over it. Put the first one over this and apply the cream over it and roll it.
- Now cut into pieces as shown in the video with the help of a knife. It comes around 10-11 pieces.
- Take a piece and roll it gently on the side of layers to give a circle shape. Repeat with all other pieces.
- Take a Pan, heat oil for frying. Test the temperature with a small piece of dough. Start with frying one piece, on low to medium flame.
- Fry all the other pieces as per your comfort either 1 or 2 or 3. Crispy Multilayered Namkeen Mathri is ready,