Cham Cham is a juicy Bengali sweet. It's very tasty and famous sweet and can be in various colours and garnishing. Making it at home and eating it, is a wonderful thing.
- 2 Ltr Milk
- 4 tbsp Vinegar
- 1½ Ltr Water
- 2½ Cup Sugar
- 8-10 Pieces Saffron
- ½ Cup Full Cream
- 1 Cup Milk Powder
- 1 tbsp Powder Sugar
- ¼ Cup Chopped Pistachio or other Dry Fruits
Making Chenna and Giving a Cylindrical Shape
- Take a pan, add milk and Boil.
- Remove the pan from flame and let it cool for 3 minutes.
- Add vinegar while stirring so that chenna which is formed is soft.
- Now separate water and chenna.
- Take a plate and mash chenna with hands in it. The softness increases when you mash it. Look in the video how to mash it.
- Now take a small amount of chenna and give a cylindrical shape to it using hands. Remember that no cracks should be formed in the shape.
Chashni or Sugar Syrup
- Take an empty pan and add water and Sugar
- Mix and boil it on High flame.
- Add Saffron and mix. The colour of the water changes to a very light red colour.
- Sugar Syrup is ready
- Add chenna shapes to the boiling sugar syrup and boil it for 10 minutes closing with a lid.
- Slightly shake the pan instead of mixing with a spoon so that the sugar syrup goes inside the chenna.
- Rasgulla is ready. The shapes are almost double now due to sugar syrup.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
Cham Cham Filling
- Take an empty pan, add full cream and heat on a low flame while stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk powder and mix on a low flame till it becomes soft thick.
- Add powder sugar, mix and heat on a low flame for 2 minutes.
- Remove from flame, transfer it to a cup and let it cool.
Making Cham Cham
- Rasgulla is now cool. Take a piece and cut it at the centre till half using a knife as shown in the video below.
- Fill the space in rasgulla with the filling. Cham cham is ready.
- Garnish with Pistachio or any other your favourite dry fruits.
Sugar Syrup can be put under Cham Cham so that the sweetness is always with it. It can be stored in a refrigerator for 2-3 days. A little below room temperature the taste is better.
2 thoughts on “Cham Cham Bengali Sweet”
Super really delicious..