Peda Sweet of all occasions
Peda is a sweet which is good at all occasions in India, Either exam results, festivals or get together. It's small in size but great in taste.
- Cooking Pan
- Stirring Spoon
- 300 Grams Mawa / Khoya
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 100 grams Bura sugar / Tagar How to make tagar -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiJFJLHOJyM
- Take a pan, add mawa and put it on a low flame.
- Keep stirring and heat mawa on low flame until the colour changes to light brown.
- When the colour changes to light brown, also shrink. Remove the pan from flame.
- Keep stirring until mawa loses some heat.
- Add cardamom powder and mix
- Add bura sugar and mix thoroughly. Remember that mawa is having temperature more than room temperature.
- Check if the mixture is very soft or thick. if very soft, let it rest for a few minutes.
- Make a Peda and see if it's now good to start.
- Make Peda from it one by one. Remember to make all the peda's before it gets to room temperature.
- The shape can be achieved by making spherical and then pressing it lightly.
- Leave them for cooling down to room temperature. Peda is ready.
It's good to consume milk-based products with in 2-3 days after making them. Peda being a comletely milk-based food, good to consume within 3 days.
2 thoughts on “Peda sweet of all occasions”
Making it is really easy. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Nice .. I must try