Chashni Wali Gujiya is a sweet recipe mostly made during the Holi festival. While people who like to eat can buy from any sweet mart as it is readily available all the time. While people who want to make it at home, learn from the recipe below.
Chashni is a Hindi word for sugar syrup. So it can be called Sugar Syrup Gujiya or Sugar Syrup dipped Gujiya. It is very famous all over India and made on various occasions. The main part of this is the sugar syrup should be inside the Gujiya’s. Other than mawa can also be added as stuffing inside the Gujiya according to the need.
Chashni Wali Gujiya
Table of Contents
- Non-Stick Pan
- Frying Pan
- 250 grams Mawa / Khoya
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Bura Sugar
- 2 Cup Maida/All purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 2 Cup Sugar
- 1½ Cup Water
- 1 Pinch Food Colour Optional
- 7 Cups Oil Quantity can vary as per your frying style
- Take a pan, add mawa, roast it for 5 min on low flame while stirring using a spatula so that it becomes thick and soft.250 grams Mawa / Khoya
- Turn off the flame and add cardamom powder and Sugar. Remember to add this only after turning off the flame.½ tsp Cardamom Powder, 2 tbsp Bura Sugar
- Take a Bowl, add Maida and Salt. Mix it thoroughly.2 Cup Maida/All purpose flour, ¼ tsp salt, 3 tbsp Ghee
- Add water as needed and mix it to form a dough. Close with lid and keep aside for resting.
- Take a boiler, add Sugar and Water. Heat on a medium flame to make Sugar Syrup. Turn off the flame, add Food Colour and mix it.2 Cup Sugar, 1½ Cup Water, 1 Pinch Food Colour
- Take a small lemon size of dough and make a circular shape by rolling it. Keep it a little think and roll it evenly.
- Take the rolled dough in hand and make a small fold at one side by pinching. Fill it with mawa as per your taste. Now fully fold the dough shape pinching at the ends.
- Now make a design on the end as shown in the video so that the look gets beautiful and the mawa inside is perfectly locked. Repeat to make all of them.
- Take a pan and oil for frying, Heat oil till the temperature at which frying is needed. test with a tiny dough ball.7 Cups Oil
- Fry the Gujiya's at low to medium flame until the colour changes to light pink.
- Transfer the Gujiya's to the sugar syrup and let it absorb the syrup for 10 Mins.
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with grated Pistachio. Chashni wali mawa Gujiya is ready.