Kaddu ki kheer is a delicious traditional sweet that can be easily made at home. In English, kaddu is called a red pumpkin. This vegetable is grated and cooked in milk to make yummy kheer.
Kaddu Ki Kheer
Table of Contents
- 500 grams Kaddu
- 1 litre Milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- ¼ cup Chopped Cashews
- ¼ cup Chopped Almonds
- ¼ cup Chopped Pistachio
- Take a plate, cut it into long pieces and remove the cover, seeds and inner portion of kaddu. Now grate kaddu for making kheer.500 grams Kaddu
- Take a pan, add milk and boil. Let the milk get a thick texture which may take 5 mins more.1 litre Milk
- add grated kaddu to boiling milk. Cook for 15 mins on high flame. keep stirring in regular intervals so that cooking is even.
- add sugar and cardamom powder, stir and let it boil for around 5 mins so that sugar gets mixed up in it.½ cup Sugar, 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- now add dry fruits, which is optional. mix it and boil for 1-2 mins. Turn off the flame and transfer to a bowl. Kaddu ki kheer is ready,¼ cup Chopped Cashews, ¼ cup Chopped Almonds, ¼ cup Chopped Pistachio