Pulihora Rice for Prasadam
Table of Contents
- 6-7 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Asafoetida
- ½ Cup Chikpeas
- 4 tbsp Split Red Gram
- ⅓ Cup Groundnut
- 3 tbsp Split Black Gram
- 3 tbsp Split Green Gram
- 15-20 Pieces Curry leaves
- 7-8 Pieces Red Chilli
- 5-6 Pieces Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 100 Grams Tamarind Pulp
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Rice Quantity depends on serving
- Take a bowl and heat oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds, after a few seconds add asafoetida.
- Add chickpeas and mix them all and heat for a few seconds.
- Add split red gram and heat until they appear crunchy.
- Add groundnut and heat for 2 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Add split black gram and split green gram and heat them for few seconds.
- Add curry leaves, red chilli, green chilli and heat for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder, mix. Add tamarind pulp and mix.
- Add salt and mix.
- Keep cooking closing the lid until oil separates from it.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside for cooling.
- Cook rice in a pressure cooker or as you make every time.
- Mix rice and tamarind recipe, keep the proportion as per your taste.