Caramel Custard Pudding
Table of Contents
Caramel Custard pudding is a simple and sweet dessert which is very yummy. It's very soft and dissolves in the mouth the moment you try to chew.
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup curd
- ½ cup full cream
- ½ cup milkmaid
- 1 tbsp custard powder
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 glass water
- ¼ cup sugar
- Take a heating pan, add sugar and caramelize sugar on a medium flame.
- Transfer it to a big bowl and spread evenly as a layer in the bottom, as shown in the video.
- Let it cool down and become hard.
- Take another bowl. Add curd, full cream, milkmaid, custard powder and cardamom powder.
- Blend all the ingredients thoroughly using a whisk. Check with a spoon.
- Transfer the blended mixture to the caramel layered bowl.
- Cover the bowl using foil paper as it needs to be cooked in steam.
- Take a pan with a glass of water.
- Put a small stand in water and put the bowl on it.
- Cover with lid and steam the pan on a medium flame for 30-40 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the water in the pan. Add if needed.
- Remove the bowl and check if the custard is cooked with a knife as shown in the video.
- Let it cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Take an empty bowl and cover it with foil paper on the outer side.
- Take a pan and caramelize the sugar as shown in the video.
- With the help of a spoon make lines on the foil paper which is covered on the bowl to make a cage.
- Let it cool to room temperature so that it becomes hard.
- Remove the bowl first from the foil paper and then slowly pull out the foil paper so that caramel cage looks perfect.
- Take the refrigerated pudding bowl. Using a knife apply to the corners so that pudding doesn't get stuck to the bowl.
- Take a plate and put it on the bowl. Rotate at once and remove the bowl carefully.
- Put the caramel cage on it.
- The Caramel Custard is ready to serve.
Caramel custard can be preserved in refrigirator for 1-2 days. Best to serve chilled.