Checkerboard Cake can be a birthday or anniversary or any cake. It can be made at home easily following the recipe below.
- 500 grams whipping cream
- ½ kg Chocolate Cake
- ½ kg Vanilla Cake
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp Powder Sugar
- ¼ cup grated chocolate powder
- Take a bowl. Add whipping cream and whip using the whipper on high speed for 15 min and keep it aside.
- Take a plate and keep it on the box inversely.
- Place the chocolate cake on the plate and using a knife cut it into two halves from middle evenly as shown so that we have two circles or chocolate cake now.
- Keep one circle aside and using a small bowl or any other thing as shown in the video cut a small circle shape from the centre of the cake.
- Remove the cutout part and cut out a little bigger part using a small plate or something as shown in the video.
- Do the same with the other half and follow the same procedure for vanilla cake.
- Take a bowl and mix water and powder sugar for making sugar syrup.
- On a plate or cake board arrange the circles. First chocolate big circle, then vanilla cake middle circle and then chocolate cake small circle.
- Pour sugar syrup with a spoon evenly on all the surface.
- Add a layer of whipping cream using a knife. Spread it evenly.
- Put the Vanilla big circle cake on it, inside it put a chocolate middle circle and then vanilla small circle cake.
- As done previously pour sugar syrup and add a layer of whipping cream.
- Follow the same process and arrange the left out pieces same way so that now all the four layers are ready.
- Apply the whipping cream all over evenly.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate on it all over for a greater look.
- Refrigerate it for 1 hr.
- Checkerboard Cake is ready.
Checkerboard cake can be preserved for 1-2 days in the refrigerator.